RULES AND REGULATIONS
Contest entries will be accepted August 1, 2016 - October 31, 2016
January 1, 2017 — All Finalists will receive notification of selection along with participation agreement form.
January 8, 2017 — Participation agreement form must be signed and returned on or before this date. No exceptions.
January 9, 2017 — Finalists announcement begins online weekly from January 9th - January 30th.
February 13, 2017 - February 27, 2017 — People’s Choice Voting
March 25, 2017 — Pizza My Way Cook-off and Judging Party
March 31, 2017 — Grand Prize and People’s Choice Winners announced online throughout the day.
- All recipes submitted must qualify as “Homemade Pizza”
- To qualify as Homemade Pizza, the crust/dough and pizza sauce must be made with individual ingredients by the contestant and cannot be purchased from a commercial store, kitchen or vendor.
- All recipes must be able to be prepared in a standard kitchen oven.
- Each submitted recipe must be original and include the name of the recipe, ingredients (which must be readily available in most supermarkets), standard U.S. measurements (no abbreviations), and include serving size and include specific amounts of each ingredient. Complete step by step instructions must be included with timing as well as oven temperatures.
- Submission of a recipe is a warranty by the contestants that the contestant owns all copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the recipe and constitutes an assignment by the contestant of these rights to Sebastiani Vineyards & Winery.
- The Judging Panel will select:
- A Grand Prize winner for the best Homemade Pizza. This person will receive the grand price prize of Ten-Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) payable by check to the winner.
- People’s Choice: This person will receive $1500 in cash (check). This applies to only the top 4 finalists for the Homemade Pizza recipe.
- No wine purchase necessary to enter.
- The Pizza My Way Contest is open to U.S. residents aged twenty-one (21) years or older, except for the following:
- Employees or family members of contest sponsors (Sebastiani Vineyards and Foley Family Wines);
- Residents of Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories or possessions;
- Employees and family members of Contest judging panels;
- Employees or family members of any state alcohol beverage commission;
- Any person or company and their employees/ and or family members that holds an alcohol beverage license or permit issue by a federal or state agency;
- Employees or family members of any company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest;
Note: Family members include spouses, parents, children or any other household member.
- Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply. The validity of the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. The Sponsors hold the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of the Sponsors are final. With respect to any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Contest, the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Sonoma County, State of California, or the U.S. District Court-San Francisco.
- Contestants must enter online between August 1, 2016 (12AM PST) and October 31, 2016 (12PM PST). Early and late entries will not be considered. Homemade recipe must be submitted by an individual person. A photo of the final product must accompany the submission. Recipes provided without a photograph of the final product will not be eligible. No couples or team recipes permissible. Limit of 10 recipes per entrant.
- To enter online, visit www.sebastiani.com and click on the Contest entry icon. Fill in the entry form, including your original recipe and photograph of the recipe and follow the directions to enter. A photo of your pizza will be required. Online entries must be submitted between August 1, 2016 (12AM PST) and October 31, 2016 (12PM PST) to be considered. All other entries will be null and void. Mail in entries will not be accepted.
- In case of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entry will be accepted or rejected at the sole and absolute discretion of Sebastiani Vineyards & Winery.
FINALIST SELECTION PROCESS:
- Four (4) contestants will be selected by the Preliminary Judging Panel.
- Potential finalists will be notified on or about January 1, 2017 regarding their selection as a finalist. Potential finalists will receive a Participation Agreement form which they must complete and return by 5:30 PM PST January 8, 2017 to Sebastiani Vineyards & Winery. If Sebastiani Vineyards and Winery does not receive the signed Agreement by the deadline or the finalist is determined ineligible, the contestant will be disqualified and another Finalist will be selected. There will be one finalist announced per week online. Both the Grand Prize Homemade Winner and People’s Choice Winner will be announced on March 31, 2017. Winner for the Grand Prize will be at the sole discretion of the Judging Panel and the decision will be final. The Contest will be conducted in two sequential phases: Recipe Judging to determine Top Four (4) Finalists followed by a Cook-off and Judging Party to determine the Grand-Prize Winner.
- All finalists’ recipes and names along with a photo of their pizza will be placed on the Sebastiani website as well as Facebook, Twitter and any other website Sebastiani Vineyards & Winery chooses. A “People’s Choice” campaign will take place online.
- Finalists will be required to submit enough homemade pizza sauce (using the sauce recipe provided in the submission) to Sebastiani as outlined in the Participation Agreement form. Those who do not submit the sauce according to the outlines in the Participation Agreement form will be disqualified.
- The following guidelines will be used to judge both preliminary and final rounds:
- Visual Appeal (based on photo provided)
- Determining The Grand-Prize Winner:
The four (4) Top Finalists will be provided with transportation to Sebastiani Winery in Sonoma, CA to prepare their recipe for a panel of qualified independent judges selected by the sponsor. They will also be provided with lodging and a food stipend during their stay. The Cook-off and Judging Party will be on Saturday March 25, 2017.
OTHER INFORMATION & CONDITIONS:
INFORMATION & CONDITIONS:
Entrants agree to the terms and conditions of the Official Rules. All entries become the property of Sebastiani Vineyards and Winery and Foley Family Wines (the “Sponsors”)and will not be returned. Finalists will be required to fill out forms of eligibility, release from liability and transfer of their winning recipes. By entering the contest, all participants consent to the commercial use of their names, pictures, and recipes without further attribution, notification or compensation. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsors and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, distributors, and agents the members of the preliminary and final Judging Panel from all liability (including but not limited to claims of infringements of copyright or other intellectual property) or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connections with this contest or any prize won. Sebastiani Vineyards and Foley Family Wines are not responsible for phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, fragmented or delayed internet computer transmissions or network/ISP/website internet accessibility or any problems with Woobox; or for inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete entry information.