Grilled Rib-Eye with Cabernet Red Onion and Mushroom Compote
- 4 1 1/2
- 2 tbsps Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3 tbsps Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Vella Mezzo Secco cheese (shaved)
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
For the Steaks
Prepared the barbecue at medium-high heat. Rub the steaks with generous amounts of sea salt and cracked black pepper. Grill about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from heat and cover with foil to rest.
For the Compote
Next, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add red onions and sauté about 3 minutes. Then add Shiitake mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes. Add the Cabernet and cook until the wine is almost completely evaporated. Add the fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Slice the steaks on a bias and top each steak with compote and shaved Vella cheese. Enjoy with a glass of Sebastiani Cherryblock.